Tuesday 30 April 2013

TOM FORD NUDE VANILLE LIPSTICK REVIEW


I have a spending problem.  I know lots of people say this and call themselves shopaholics, but I really cannot stop. Even when I have £0 to my name, I manage to find ways of buying things.. this sounds very dodgy, i don't mean i steal or anything, usually just an advance on pocket money, nothing too exciting.

I'm on a shopping ban, but then I went into selfridges to buy my best friend a birthday present, I came out with 5 beauties from mac (separate blog post to come) and 1 very luxurious item. I caved.. I bought the Tom Ford lipstick in Nude Vanille ...and I don't regret it for a second.

I'd seen this lipstick on Sunbeamsjess from youtube and my gosh did she look B-E-A-UTIFUL. I am a massive sucker for nude lipsticks, i think they're all gorgeous. I love MACs creme d'nude, myth and also topshops 'Nevada'. Although when i saw the price tag of the Tom Ford one, it was slightly less gorgeous, but shopping with my friend she convinced my to buy it, also the shop assistant was very pleasing to the eye and i felt like i couldn't say no to him!

Tom Ford lipstick in Nude Vanille.

This lipstick is not cheap, at £36 it's far from it. You could walk into topshop and buy a pair of jeans for the price of this lipstick (well us students can with student discount, yay college is good for one thing!). And I do admit that i'm sure a lot of this £36 goes on the very extravagant packaging.. I do love the packaging, I think it's soooo luxurious. I think it's rather beautiful and sexy, much like the shop assistant who served me. Although it is beautiful, it isn't the most practical. It's quite large and is very bulky and boxy which means on nights out and things and in small bags it isn't the best, but it's definitely something you can work around!






Onto the actual lipstick.. I love the formula of this lipstick, with a lot of nude lipsticks I find them very drying which can be so unattractive on the lips as it shows all the cracks and things! But I felt like this lipstick was really moisturising and didn't just sit on the lips and dry them out. Not only was it a pleasure to apply it and wear it, it also lasted a decent time too. I don't feel like I have to keep reapplying this lipstick every hour and even if it was fading and wearing off it was still a really nice colour.








The colour of this lipstick is quite a pinky nude, I also think it's quite a warm nude too. Unlike many nudes that I've seen it doesn't look like i've covered my lips in collection 2000s long lasting concealer or make me look dead. I think this lipstick is a really pretty, natural nudey pink, it wears really nicely and feels so nice on the lips.. it may not be worth £36 but i'm very glad I bought it and know for a fact I will be going back to Tom Ford very soon and looking at all the other fabulous colours they have to offer.








Swatched on my hand - I apologise the quality of this photo isn't great!




I don't regret buying this gorgeous lipstick for a second! You can buy this lipstick in Selfridges for £36 here.

Thank you for stopping by, hope you enjoyed this post.. Lily X

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation! This lipstick looks like it would be right up my alley! I have a feeling that it will be new to my collection rather soon.... :)

    ReplyDelete